Coast Connect is connecting our region
Coast Connect creates opportunities for Coasters to connect, create relationships and find jobs. Coast Connect works with job seekers, students, local businesses, training providers and employers to create better outcomes for the West Coast.
You can visit the Coast Connect Employment and Careers Hub at Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s Greymouth campus. Coast Connect is part of Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s wider effort to support local industry and help people follow their career goals.
What is the Coast Connect Employment and Career Hub?
Designed specifically for the West Coast, Coast Connect is a physical hub where people can drop in to get assistance with their search and help prepare you for employment. Coast Connect is equally focused on job seekers and employers – so we’re here to help you find a job, or help find you the skilled staff you’re looking for.
How can Coast Connect help me?
- Coast Connect Employment and Careers Hub
The Coast Connect Employment and Careers Hub is open to the public at Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s Greymouth campus and you’re welcome to drop in any time. You’ll find us 73-87 Tainui St, Greymouth. The hub is off the front carpark at Tai Poutini Polytechnic (follow the flag and footprints on the concrete). At the hub, you’ll be able to speak with Coast Connect staff to get help preparing your CV, considering study options, learning interview skills and more.
- Coast Connect business and industry liaison
Tai Poutini Polytechnic staff supporting Coast Connect spend time out in the region, talking to industry representatives, local employers and businesses to find out what skills they are looking for and help get local job seekers prepared for real jobs. We’re always keen to talk, so if you haven’t heard from us, give us a call on 0800 CCNNCT (0800 226 628).
- Resources and services
At the Coast Connect Employment and Careers Hub you’ll have access to resources to help you prepare for your new career. These include:
- Information on career and study options
- Searching for a job
- Guides to preparing a CV
- Assistance with interview skills and preparation
- Career action plan creation
- Supporting and encouraging you to get back on your feet
- Career planning tools
- Internet access to help with the job process
- Links to help you now
There’s plenty of information online to help with your job search. We can talk through what’s out there, or take a look at the following links.
- Create a professional CV: www.careers.govt.nz/tools/cv-builder/
- Discover your career interests: https://www.careers.govt.nz/tools/careerquest/
- Search for West Coast jobs: www.coastconnect.co.nz
- Create a career development plan: www.careers.govt.nz/tools/personal-development-plan/
- Connected is a service to help New Zealanders connect to the wide range of Employment, Education and Training supports and advice available through government agencies: www.connected.govt.nz/
Contact Coast Connect
- Call Coast Connect on 0800 CCNNCT (0800 226 628)
- Drop in to the Coast Connect Employment and Careers Hub at TPP’s Greymouth campus
Email Coast Connect’s Maree Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org